Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Baked Cauliflower Fries with Curry


I didn't ever think I would eat Cauliflower as part of my healthy meal plan, but when I found this recipe for baked cauliflower fries with curry, I decided to try it.  It was fantastic!  I actually think it has a little french fry taste (especially when you dip them in ketchup) and the curry adds even more flavor.  Here is a great comparison:

McDonalds French Fry (medium): 400 calories with 170 g of fat
Cauliflower Fries:  70 calories per head

I'm happy to say I actually lost weight eating fries!  Here is the recipe for the Baked Cauliflower:

  • 2 heads of cauliflower
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 2 teaspoon of curry powder 
  • 1 teaspoon pepper 
  • Light olive oil spray
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Wash and clean the cauliflower. Cut off stem and throw away. Cut the cauliflower up into small pieces.
  3. Place the cauliflower pieces onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or tin foil.  Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and curry powder and coat evenly.  Spray the top of the cauliflower with the olive oil spray to give it a nice coat (I don't use oil because of the extra calories).
  4.  Bake for one hour and turn 3 times during cooking until each piece has a nice brown coloring. 

Once they are done I usually dip them in ketchup or hot sauce (whatever you dip your french fries into).  Enjoy the taste of this low calorie dish!


No comments:

Post a Comment