Saturday, March 30, 2013

Low Calorie Egg Breakfast Muffins



I have been trying to start my day with some more protein but still keep it low calorie.  I think this is one of my favorite new breakfast items!  I make 6 egg muffins and then store them in the fridge for a quick breakfast for the rest of the week.  Each egg muffin contains only 100 or so calories!  Here is what you will need for 6 egg muffins:

  • 6 eggs
  • 1 green bell pepper 
  • 1 cup red or green salsa
  • 1 large tomato 
  • 1/4 cup onion 
  • salt and pepper to taste 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and evenly poor the mixture into the muffin pan.  Place in the oven and cook 15-20 minutes or until the egg is cooked through.

I usually store them in a zip-lock bag in the fridge and eat them all week!  Just heat them back up in the microwave for 1 minute.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment