Monday, November 4, 2013

Paleo Challenge!

My crossfit team recently had a challenge to go Paleo for 30 days.  I have heard good and bad about this diet but after a month, I am now a true believer!  I have never felt healthier and although the challenge is over, I have decided to continue on with the Paleo life style.  If you want to read more about Paleo I would go to this website. It helped me get started!

http://ultimatepaleoguide.com/paleo-diet-food-list/

From now on, my blog will be mainly Paleo food recipes.  I thought I would start out with my very first Paleo snack I prepared.  I like to call them Paleo Engery Balls.


















The reason I made these was because I was leaving town one weekend to mountain bike in Moab and figured there wasn't going to be a lot of Paleo options for snacking.  I am so glad I brought these, they gave me all day energy and tasted AMAZING!  Here is the recipe:

Almonds
Pumpkin seeds (the little green ones)
Unsweetwened shredded coconut
Almond Butter
Dried Dates
Dried Blueberries
Coco Powder
Cinnamon

Now here is the fun part...there really isn't a recipe for this in terms of portions.  I just add a little of everything into the food processor until it sticks together well enough to shape into balls.  You can experiment with the flavors you like.  If it isn't sticking well enough, use more almond butter or dates, simple as that!  Have fun with it and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment