Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Paleo Espresso Braised Pulled Beef with Carrot Fries






















I made a trip down to the local Olive Oil and Vinegar store and decided to try out the Balsamic Espresso Vinegar.  They said it was great with steaks so I thought why not!  Best part?  It's all natural with no sugar so I could work it into my Paleo diet.  Here is what you will need for this great dinner:

Espresso Beef:
  • 1 cup espresso balsamic 
  • 2-3 sirloin steaks or cut of your choice
  • 1/2 small diced onion
  • Salt and pepper to taste

This is my favorite recipe because of how easy it is to cook.  I used my slow cooker to combine all of the ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours.  When the meat is tender, take a fork and shred it, mixing in the sauce and onions from the slow cooker.

Carrot Fries:

  • 1 tsp melted coconut oil
  • 1 bag of large carrots (chopped thin)
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • salt and pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the carrot fries and place onto a large looking pan. Rub in the melted coconut oil and add seasonings.

I usually cook the fries for about 35-40 minutes to get a nice crispy coating.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment